We found a fun little “get to know you” questionairre (Inc.com) and thought it’d be fun to do as a kick-off to this venture! We’ll do one for each sister so you can kinda get a glimpse of who we are before we dig into lifes’ nitty grittys!
1. What would you be doing if you weren’t at your current job?
If I wasn’t home being a Mommy and Homemaker full time I’d be working with my Hun building our dreams (more on that later).
2. What more are you wanting in your career right now?
Greater Order and higher levels of Efficiency.
3. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are living right now?
I would Laugh and Play a whole lot more. And would never hold back from anything out of fear.
4. Describe your biggest failure in business.
Not starting. Believing more in failure more than in success.
5. What is one word you would use to describe yourself as a child?
6. How do you recharge?
Being ALONE in a Tidy Peaceful Atmosphere… usually with a notebook and a nice pen. Pretty much Heaven on Earth. Throw in a great coffee or raw milk honey sweetened dirty chai latte… I’ll be good for weeks!
7. If you were to tell one person “Thank You” for helping me become the person I am today, who would it be and what did they do?
Jesus. The absolute hands down 100% constant in my life.
8. What one thing about you do you want in your eulogy?
She LIVED from start to finish and left a solid launchpad for the generations that followed.
9. What movie or novel character do you most identify with?
10. When are you the happiest?
When I am centered in Him. Circumstances ‘good’ or ‘bad’ have very little bearing in this space.
11. Fill in the blank: If you really knew me, you would_____.
12. What quality in you would you hate to see emulated in your employees or children?
Fear, negativity, bitterness. Therefore my goal is to aim at the very opposite hopefully showing them another way.
13. If you were to start a company from scratch, what values would you build it on?
Honesty. Integrity. Rest. Relationship. Joy.
14. What would you most regret not having done by the end of your life?
Well I’ll tell you what, the prayer of my life is that I would reach my fullest potential. What that is? God knows.
15. What characteristic do you most admire in others?
Confidence with Humility.
16. What kind of impact do you believe you have on people?
I think I most often leave people feeling encouraged.
17. What one memory do you most treasure?
This is a bit of a cheat, but I claim the collective memory of all our children’s births.
18. If you could change one thing about how you were raised as a child, what would it be?
I would have danced instead of run.
19. What super power would you like to have?
Unconditional Perfect Love that Heals, Forgives, Restores, Revives, Encourages, Empowers, Endures.
20. What would a “perfect” day look like for you?
My heart entirely united with that of The Father. Anything past that is icing…. Such as being on a Disney Cruise with my Hun, our ten kiddos and ALL the people that I love! That would be an amazing day!
21. What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in the last year?
REST is not only essential as a foundation for health and wholeness it’s FREE! (Still practicing this)
22. How do you think your coworkers see you?
BigSis. Isn’t that an explanation all in itself.
23. If you ruled the world, what would you change on Day 1?
There must be ten positives spoken for every negative… Especially on public platforms.
24. How do you act when you’re stressed out?
I clean. I boss. I sing. I dance. I might even wear high heels and bright lipstick. I try to create order and beauty wherever I have power to do so.
25. What are you most afraid of and what’s it stopping you from doing?
Failure. Stops me from starting.